Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Housing Memories

Sometimes when you give up hope in a relation, even a small whiff of encouragement is all what it takes to get the faith back on track. And sometimes after giving your best, the best to do is house the memories in the safe core of your heart.

I'm a person of few relations and those few I set them in stone. Nothing at all can deter me from going all the way for someone I call my own, so when there is rough weather - I go ALL out to make sure things get back to smooth.

I was having major issues with a particular close friend. We had been only arguing and having communication gaps for more than 6 months. Unfortunately, since none of my closest friends live in the same city, it only gets worse to smooth out big issues easily.
So, when I happened to get a chance to visit this friend's city, there wasn't any doubt of thinking of anything else except for packing up and jumping on the chance.

As my luck had it, after I reached, I discovered the friend that day only had a few hours to spare before getting back to work, which apparently couldn't be avoided.
So even though I was super upset by that, I made my peace in those few hours and I had a memorable trip.
To date - while we still are in rough waters - I think of that effort of mine and make my peace that I DID give my best to iron out the differences.
For that last meeting, neither of us brought up the issues bothering us, nor did we let the complaints get in the way. Today I reflect on that day and in a way feel glad that we did not rake up unpleasantness.. but rather had enjoyed the time like the good 'ol days.
There's a lot to think here. Was I the only one who wanted to sort out differences, does distance really change people so much etc etc. But for the things that have happened and have been an important part of our life, I believe in keeping the sanctity of the emotions and feelings spent and rather keep the good  memories close.

In hindsight, that meeting seems like we parted on a memorable note. That is all I would like to hold onto to.

Truly life is unpredictable. But just because a relation breaks, we don’t have to look back bitterly on it. Till the moment you were in it, it was important and pleasant. I’d rather remember the pleasantness than the end result of it.

Sometimes some relations are Together... but not quite.

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

2 comments:

  1. "Sometimes some relations are Together... but not quite. " Oh so aptly put. I am going to remember this quotation for long .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charu. :)
    Yep.. it summed up for me.. and holds more meaning as days go by.

    ReplyDelete