Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Marry Marry!!!

Oh uh! The marriage season is on again... & again I have an almost apprehending time replying to questions that I have no answers to. [& I can solemnly swear that it is not my fault for the 'no answers.' ]

Question being, "When are you getting married?"

I sometimes so wish I had a crystal ball somewhere, where I could just take a peek & have a roughish idea! Swear that would be enough for me to reply! I don't want the time & day & the mahurat please! Let there be some element of surprise too. [For me.] I know the people enquiring may be well wishers.. but sometimes it just gets to you!!

OK, so how difficult is that? I mean I see & hear of people start looking for partners...& within a limited span of time -- Bingo!! - They find their partners!

However, I have obviously not been able to score in that limited parameter time slot. Recently in a discussion with a friend I heard, that there are two types of people. One who get married socially & ones who get married. [If you know what I mean.]

Now, where I fit in, is something that I have already shared in some earlier previous post.
Yet, I am still baffled at this very intriguing concept of how marriages are made. Seriously, are they made in heaven? Or we believe in that saying coz we want to skip taking the responsibility in case we are not that happy with it.

Or is it coz we believe, If they are made in Heaven, then we don't have to worry...it will anyways pursue us; in time.

Another friend's comment makes me laugh, "Marriages are made in heaven , to create hell on Earth!." But I know this couple is happily in love with each other.. so its was OK to hear this from her. This is her way of expressing love.

But I do wonder, what is it then which makes us look out tirelessly for this supposed hell on Earth then? Is it the same need we feel when we look for the other hell like emotion - Love..? [Naaah.. I don't totally believe love is hell... Love is very beautiful too!! & I DO believe the same about marriage too!]

But what if someone [here, me] does not find their likewise partner for a little longer than others? What if s/he does not want to give up the search for what s/he feels that is right to wait upon. What if s/he believes it is not correct in compromising becoz of various reasons..right from, peer/family pressure.. to the reason of time passing away.. to the reason of even aging by the day & the warning of slim chance of ever finding one! Is S/he wrong then?
There're quite a few more baffling reasons people come up with, trying to make you believe that its best to walk into the vows with the next available single person! [OK, that was a little exaggerated! ]

Though I do know I am right in holding onto my beliefs...; at times, these mentioned things have a way of getting in the mind make me think & think & think....

Uff! I'm all confused all over! Where am I again? Back to square one??

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

8 comments:

  1. Kuch to log poochenge, logo ka kaam hai poochna :P

    Jo hota hai apne ache keliye hota hai, so enjoy ur bachelor life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 29 and people taunt even me with this question. My point is, sans my parents, how does it matter to them whether I get married or not? Whether I have a wife at home or kids in school, what difference it makes to the lives of all those already married people?

    The truth is, our lives have been genetically programmed to accept standard customary practices of human behavior. Any deviation from the majority, will be either treated as abnormality or arrogance. Some other old folks consider it as the case of infertility.

    Having said that, I do not think marriage is an unnecessary evil unless we have defined what it means to us. I swear I don't want to carry a "very married look" each time I step out with my wife. Neither do I want to follow the run-of-the-mill post marriage rituals.

    It's very difficult to lead a practical life in a highly cliched society. Love, pressure, age, career etc is all bullshit. Take my word, marry someone with who you can live with and NOT someone who cannot live without you. That happens only in Yash Chopra or Karan Johar's films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Naveen: Thanx! & I am enjoyin in my way.. by running away to the jungles on treks! lol!! ;)

    @ Abhishek: Except for yr last line abt Karan Johar [Can't u forget him??? :P ] I WAS expecting a likewise reply! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey.. visited your blog after a long time.. missed many of your posts these days..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Satya!
    Good to hear from you! :) I'd almost been out of blogging for a bit too... Managed a few lately.
    How have you been? I got to catch up on yr blog too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally enjoyed reading this..I often get worried if I am normal when people keep reminding me that m still unmarried..what matters at the end of the day is, not the ring but the love that lives to its name..

    ReplyDelete