Saturday, June 6, 2009

Travel Travel Travel...

Being in love with travelling... & exploring the unending world, I come with phases of wanting to break away from the routine & go explore! The mood has been such from a while now. For reasons best known to me, I haven't been able to fly away from here like a bird without a care.

Mountains..Water shores.. Deserts...Wildlife... History... Forts.. Temples... Architecture & everything else, all this makes my imagination drool. Ofcourse a few bustling cities too...I wish to see all!!!

Maybe writing about it would make me feel better - the hope & wish to see these places intensifies... gives an urge to almost jump on the next available way out from here. Atleast it almost takes you there mentally!! :)
So, here's my very own list of places which are like 'must visits' places to see before I die. [God, are you listening?? I am being very reasonable by wishing to see just a few places... from this huge world you created. Ain't I? :-)]

The very top on my list are,
  • Mount Everest & Mansarover: This is undoubtedly one of the most stupendously designed marvels of God. I also wish to call into this place as its a pilgrimage site too. This is known to be the abode of Lord Shiv. Dearly wishing to visit this...
  • Venice: Fascinated & wary of water, this place has always attracted me & allured me with the gondolas, the amazing structures...& whatever pictures & videos I have watched of it. It ranks HIGH on my list of 'to see' places.
  • New Zealand: The sights of snow capped untraveled, unclimbed mountains has magnetised the appeal to visit this beautiful place. More so, the nature , the hot springs, the adventure sports & the SCARCITY of people, has made me fall in love with this place.
  • Austria [Europe]: The colour shadecard of nature that is available here, is something which can make the heart swell in awe. If its like that in the pictures, I wonder what'll it actually be like to see it in real.
  • The great barrier reef [Australia]: The largest coral-reef in the world. The astounding colourful life underwater... making it a world of colourful dazzle, I'm sure my eyes will glint for a long time when I ever visit this. :)
  • Texas: Since the time I was a child, I have always been fascinated with farms, horses & the cowboys. :D I'd love to watch the real ranch life for once. :P
  • The Grand Canyon [USA]: The pictures have always managed to overwhelm me. The huge & undefined landscape surely would make any human spirit humble.
  • Scotland - History beckons me, I'd love to see the fantastic castles & know about the great stories of this place.
  • Alaska: A cruise on this place would be the ideal cut off from the world......[...am I still here...? :D]
  • Spain: Somehow, though I don't know much of the place...Spain is one place I wish to see. So fascinated am I that I get one word per day of Spanish in my inbox!!! Lol ~ No idea of what I'll expect & discover there. - & that is exciting enough too!
  • Wildlife in South Africa- The adventurer in me got easily coaxed to add this place in my list for the sheer raw wildlife appeal. [or is it, tamed raw wildlife!! :D]
  • Petra [Jordan]: Apart from being a UNESCO world heritage site, I wish to see its rock cut architecture.
  • Disneyland: The only man made marvel to make it to my list. :) A world in its own.


& yea...India doesn't even need to be mentioned! It goes without saying that I would like to explore my mesmerizing country to the fullest. From the unexplored mountains in Kashmir..[ I don't care if I stand to risk meeting the unwelcome neighbours there! ...I have every damned right to see any place in my country! :O] ...to the small villages of Kerala....to the hamlets of my ever beautiful home state of Gujarat upto the virgin beauty of Sikkim... & so much in between. This bit of Earth is bestowed with everything.

I'd love to see the tiniest of villages, go on untraveled roads, splash on unexplored streams....just about see & feel everything about this diversely - culturally rich country. - How I Wish!!!

As typicality bores me...hence this stress on the uncharted. [The 'un'travelled, 'un'explored', 'un'seen. ] Though I have seen a fair bit of usual India, [Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata...etc..so usual!] I still am not satisfied with those trips as it just covered going to the habitual sight seeing & rush off to the next place.

My idea of visiting a place varies from the book version. To blend in the place, feel it within & soak the soul in the time spent there is the true experience. & yes, to take loads of pics!! :) ...Abstract, natural, typical...anything, which captures the eye. So that so, the place forms infinite memories in the mind & unending delectation in the heart..& most importantly, imprints cherished experiences of a lifetime...

~ Though it seems a tall list, maybe 20 years down the line, I'll look back to this list & tick off all the places mentioned here...or atleast most of the places..... Touchwood to that.

.....Am I into dreaming already..?

....Buh Bye people!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Making a list is a dangerous thing I have stopped doing lately! I would go on and on and on, and it would never end! Frankly, it leaves me a little unhappy at the end of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. The list never ends..n it does get a lil unhappy sometimes, as I haven't even started on this list!:)
    but then I've only mentioned the places which have been favs for a long time now. Will try not to add any new places before I start off on atleast 1 here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a list too... but somehow.. I know that even if can cross one off..I'll be ok !... I want to see the Nazca lines and the Macchu Pichu..crossed a couple off already...so you never know !

    ReplyDelete