Monday, September 7, 2009

VIBGYOR

Many many Suns ago on a winter noon, I remember when I was in the IVth standard in school, for some reason we were having a social studies class in the lovely campus outside my class & not within. Ofcourse everybody was more than happy to be outside the class for the while.

The warm winter sun & the huge trees were giving a light breeze to enjoy & no mood to pay attention to the class.

Obviously more distracted with what was happening everywhere around me except the class, I suddenly spotted a rainbow!
My first ever rainbow!! A good semi circled one! Wowww!!! I had only known about it from the books...& here it was right above me!
My mind shouted: VIBGYOR!
& I did first check the sequence:

Violet
Indigo
Blue
Green
Yellow
Orange
Red.
Yes, all 7 there..& in order!! As if they wouldn't! :P But seeing it for the first time always makes you to check on them! :D

I felt I was watching the 8th wonder of the world! I remember we were all so excited. We spent the period counting the colours, distinguishing one from the next, trying to connect the rainbow from one end of the horizon to the other...

***************************************************************************

After a decade & a half today, at almost dusk time.. I was busy on deciding upon some colours for the paint of my home from a very colourful paper shadecard. A glance toward the sky -- & I noticed the very natural shade card out in the skies!

Yes, I saw a rainbow today!! The 3rd of my life, but it always reminds me of the 1st time. Excited & with childish enthusiasm & falling in love with nature's beauty!

Though it was there for the shortest time, it still gave me enough time to run down to get my camera & capture a few clicks.

While I enjoyed the the beautiful sight & the flash of nostalgia, here are a couple of pics that you may enjoy too.





Makes me feel childlike happy again! :)

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

1 comment:

  1. I traveled to my past after reading this..trying to recollect that moment when I saw a rainbow for the first time!

    ReplyDelete