Thursday, August 12, 2010

Its Easy!

People can make your day in so many ways if you allow them. Its wonderful.

You don't have to do anything. You just let yourself BE.

I had such a week & I'm so grateful to the nice people who make my day with the smallest of things...& those small things bring big smiles to me throughout; when ever I remember it.

Today while I was getting off my cab, the cab driver tells me " Madam I was so happy when I knew that I was dropping you today."

I was surprised coz I had not seen this guy earlier.. & the way he was driving, I thought he was a new guy in town.

So, I asked him, "aacha, aisa kyun? aap mujhe pehle drop karne aaye hai? ['Why so? have you come to drop me earlier?'] & I got wondering if I had interacted with this guy anytime earlier.

He replies, " No Madam, I have see you in the cafeteria at lunch times."

Strange I thought. For a cab driver to hang around in the office cafeteria... Anyways, I kept quiet & just smiled. There was ofcourse more to come.

Then he said, " tum hamesha sabse baat karte..hanste rehte, mereko bohot aacha lagta" [You talk to everybody & keep a smile whenever I've seen you & I like that a lot." [translated from his broken Hindi]

Honestly, for a moment, I was blank. I mean what else would I react!

Then switching to English he concluded, " I keep seeing you many times, So I was very happy to drop you today."
That was a sure surprise from nowhere. I smiled at him, said thanks & got off the cab.

It juts made me think, that though not consciously, I had brought a smile to someone & someone was made happy by me.

& how much did I make an effort for that? - Nothing.

It really does not take much from us to do good actually; just being happy from your end brings about a change not only to you...but to others too.

A similar thing happened earlier in the week. I'd been to a restaurant with a friend, in regards to some work. We spent quite some time there. After we got done with our work in between snacks, at the end, the waiter gets us ice cream. When we enquired why he got it, he replied it was a compliment..on the house.

Now I have no clue as to why we were complimented that ice cream, we certainly spoke a lot to the waiter [comparatively] & a couple of other staff, as we were there for quite a while...but that didn't have to warranty any such treats!
It was a sweet gesture that made me believe there are so many ways by which your day is made, if you care to observe.

It does not matter if the person if someone important to you or no... its as simple, you get happy if you make someone's day... & it works vice versa too! :)

I'll end by quoting a quote apt for this post. " If you see someone without a smile, give him one of yours." Its pretty easy! Isin't it?

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post. Keep on smiling and spreading the smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank U Rohit! :) Just read yr latest post too...Too Good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..! I'm sure he's not obsessed with me!! :D

    ReplyDelete