Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Thank...

Its the Thanksgiving weekend. Although we do not celebrate it in India, we all know about it thro' the ever compacting distance the virtual world creates for us.

& though I'm not in line for discount stores online or otherwise, [India should adopt something like this..! ] I'm not going to miss the opportunity to the preeminent purpose of the celebrations. To thank God for the blessings bestowed upon me.
In the numerous many things I am thankful to God for, I'd state atleast the ones which may be very common, yet I don't thank him enough for. [Somehow I've always related to my god as 'He.']

I'm thankful:
  • for a complete family,
  • for the additions in my family, who are lovely people as well,
  • for my precious closest friends who understand me in & out & have accepted me for what I am,
  • for getting back in touch with my school friends who are my best well wishers.
  • for no physical defects whatsoever,
  • for giving me a sheltered life,
  • for helping me find my own person,
  • for my education,
  • for the good food I get to eat everyday,
  • for my beautiful home,
  • for the amenities of 2/4 wheeler that I move easily in,
  • for my few priceless possessions,
  • for the sensitivity that makes me feel for others making me relate to them better,
  • for the people who care for me even when I'm non deserving,
  • for letting me find the beautiful people whom I could love dearly & who encompass my world.. bringing an inexpressible joy in it,
  • for making me a thinking person, which lets me accept things & evolve,
  • for the luxuries of travelling places,

  • & for all the numerous little things that I take too much for granted & may have missed mentioning here but which are huge blessings indeed.

In my on & off dissensions with you over so many things God, I'll never fail to be thankful for the wonderful things you have indulged me with. I know their worth & do value them.

Happy Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

  1. Yes Biraj truly indeed we have lots to be thankful for which we take for granted. Happy thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Rhitu: Thanx! :)

    @ Nish: Hope you had a great day!:)

    @ Naveen: Thank u.. & wish u the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks giving day concept is very very different check on goodle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knw...it started for offering thanks for the harvest.. But in the most simplest of ways, It IS Thanksgiving right? In whatever form you wanna give it.

    ReplyDelete