Saturday, May 10, 2014

The different Birthday

1:30 AM.

I am awake after a long good talk with a dear friend after a quite a while. Feels great.
Outside, I can hear the heavy winds for this time of the year and smell the Earth and know its going to rain.

Its been after 5 years that I am home at this time. Generally I am on a vacation - retreat rather, at this time. Somehow, felt like staying back this time.

My sister calls me in the morning saying that because I am town this year, It's been raining in the middle of peak Hyderabad summer! Since it's wasn't pouring down.. I was OK with it...else I would really not want it to rain in May. And since I So love rains.. the light drizzle kept me glad. :)

It drizzled almost till mid noon.. and I for a while didn't miss being in someplace else. It was good after years to be able to be reachable for everyone and anyone who called up me that day. Made me realize there are some people who inspite of knowing I am unavailable generally, yet make the effort to call up. I'm humbled by the warmth. :))

Spent the day with my bestie after the longest time and wound up the day with the usual family dinner; which cocooned me in a wooshy feeling to be amongst loved ones. No cake and celebrations as such. I wasn't upto it.. and my family now knows me better than that now to spring any surprises when I'm adamant on something. :P Maybe some other day I'll be up for the sho-sha of the celebrations too...
Maybe because I was spending the day without Pa for the first time in town, after he's left us. And I know this is a vacuum no amount of time or distraction will fill.

End of the day, I just had the feeling of a day well spent, amongst the people I love the most in my life.
And though I had moments when I was almost regretting not taking off on my rertreat till yesterday night; staying back this year makes me feel content now. Think that is what matters the most, isin't it?

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment