Thursday, May 15, 2014

Small Memories, with Big Smiles!

I was searching for some travel photographs from my collection to get them printed & came across photographs of a place which became a very favorite of mine. That brought some very sweet memories of the place.. and one which stands out.
Sometimes, someone comes and says something to you.. which either makes your day.. or at times, it stays with you as a sweet memory forever. This place gave me one such memory.

I was shopping at this souvenir shop at this beautiful hill station & a random total stranger walked upto me & said "Excuse me, may I pay you a compliment?" Even before waiting for my reply, he went on, "Your eyes speak. Don't be looking into someone's eyes and talk for long, they affect." Maybe not the exact words, but I distinctly remember this was it.

It's not that I have extra beautiful eyes like Sridevi or Hema Malini's, so that was definitely too filmy and exaggerated and it zapped me for more than a moment to react.

.. & honestly, I don't remember what I reacted.. I was quite muzzled for a good minute or two by something like that.. and importantly, because the person smiled and was off on his way from there,  But, I've never forgotten this, understandably! :D
If he would have stayed and tried to get friendly or chat up, I would definitely not believe him. But when someone walks up to you and gives you a compliment and goes by his/her way, makes you want to believe in that, as you believe there was no hidden agenda. (methinks it was his filmy moment too.. & then he chickened out :P)

Whether I believe/d the compliment or no, is another thing altogether, but that memory makes me smile even today when I think of it! :)

I always believe in being genuine with compliments. And I do express it, when I see something good about someone. Being on the receiving end that day, made me realize the power of hearing a good word about the self on us, especially from a stranger. Small memories with big smile giving capacities! :)

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment