Friday, October 9, 2009

Virtual Realities

Logging onto Facebook makes me feel as if I'm watching something like the Big Boss! Everything is so publicised here.... or published rather! Gosh!

The way Facebook status is treated... something as a twitter feed, gets me to believe that some people, even if they sneeze, they get their bacteria published!! [Err.. I know that was gross.. Sorry! :P]
Putting it in a factual way, every thing from a 'hey its a Sunday' to 'I woke up late & had a heavy lunch' gets published. We have time to update every damn thing happening which we want to tell the world about, but where does it go?
Do we even think of to call up a friend & say "Hi! How you been?" To hear them, to talk to them? ...Or do we get out of the house to actually go up to meet them? [ 'We' includes me too... : ]
No, we don't. Coz we hear all about them, what they want us to know... all about it through the various network sites which act as magnifiers in our daily going ons.. & we as well are busy with our own magnifiers!

I don't mind knowing what's new in people's lives...my friends lives, but in saner proportions. I don't really need to know when someone woke up or what someone is wearing to work!! or even when is someone going to bed for that matter!
I personally feel its getting closer to the death of real interactions & personal communications altogether. The more far we are reaching out in the world, the more compact our pesonal lives are becoming.

Makes me shudder to foresee that we have so gotten onto virtual social networking that we'd start living a totally virtual life someday. [Or are we there already?]
Human People may just stop existing someday!

...What's next?

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

2 comments:

  1. Very sensible thought!

    But that's precisely why FB was created!

    Its a podium to blurt immediate emotions, actions and expressions, by transforming them into text and words. Lot of people( including me) find it easy to communicate through text rather than Voice/phone call.

    FB too will become a Passe, coz science will discover something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope u do not mean to say tht something more invading is goin to appear on the scene!!
    ...Even though I knw tht is most likely! :O

    & I'm wondering wht all cld it be...

    ReplyDelete