Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SAGS!

So I have come across this SAGS [Sins Against Gender Stereotypes] page on facebook a couple of times now.. & thro' that I got to read a few interesting SAGS too. What is it? It is about the things that are supposedly against the gender you are & yet you have gone ahead & tried it OR wished to try it. From random observations I have noticed that a girl with books or a laptop is considered ungirly! Reallly??? Since when??? I can't do without my books & I went & bought myself a Lappie too! Though the tag there seemed a bit old now, these observations got me interested in attempting to take a try on the other sins I maybe commiting. ;) The deal is I have to list atleast ten things which go against my typical gender stereotype. I can sure do better! Keep counting! :D

1] I am a tomboy & an adventurer at heart. I love trying adventure sports!

2] Travelled alone. Backpacked & travelled alone.. in Tamilnadu too! [Yes, I'll specially mention it, as language really IS a problem there! ] It's an awesome feeling to backpack on your own.

3] I can't get wimpy & all coy to get my way. Infact I will cringe to even attempt that!

4] I love to hoot & whitsle during cricket matches or during occasions! Not just the typical style.. but in three different ways!! It also comes to mighty use during Sankrantris. :P

5] I love watching cricket. Ok, am not a crazy over it, but I love following India's matches atleast. I cheer & shout & totally enjoy them! Ungurly?? Naaah!!! :D & I watch Tennis too!

6] Love taking pictures! & I take my own time in taking them.

7] I can definitely paint a room & change a bulb & fix minor things!

8] I can't fuss over make up all the time! Infact I prefer the natural look most times. After all that's who you originally are! So, I've absolutely no qualms about roaming about with 'no-makeup', even at work.
9] I have an opinion & I express it where I need to. & I am clued to Politics, sports, & happenings around the world. & I'm not averse to gizmo's too!

10] I am not scared of the dark around the house.. or staying alone.

11] I don't gossip. Period. I do listen when it comes.. but the urge to spread talks has never been there.

12] & Most importantly, I do not believe the need to fall in the routine about getting married off just because All my friends have OR coz I have crossed the typical stage. I need a better reason than that. I have a mind as strong as a bull on that.


Saying all that, I'd also like to add that I absolutely dig my feminine self too. I absolutely believe in love & all that mush..; love to dress up when my mood strikes.. & I revel in the fact that I can make heads turn when I want them too :P I can be totally color co -ordinated, matching my outfits with the perfect matching earrings, bindi & bangles too!! I love colours.. & my dictionary of colours will have sunset oranges ..to muave pinks to frosted blues.. to simple ol' plain red, whites & blacks too! :))
I also enjoy collecting lipsticks, bags [though I don't have the patience to transfer contents from one to the other every week! ] I love the fact that I enjoy my cooking; whenever I get to do it. I am again totally a typical girl as I remember dates to the T! Rarely miss birthdays, anniversaries & occasions. & yes, I love flowers .. & chocolates & my floral perfumes too! Phew!! I guess I scored off with my girly girl things against all my sins alright! Now the fun part. I need to tag 12 friends..uh uh.. I don't know how many from my blogroll would do it....So, Please tag yourself. & don't forget to let me know when you are done! [I'd love to read Mayuri, Reshma, Till25 & Chai Biskut with Vrij's Sins! For the friends who are not on blog sphere, I'll await your emails. [P.S: You better reply, else the deal is, "you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years." Choose your pick! :D

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for quoting me here.. Nevertheless, pretty interesting write up...Sums up your total personality ryt? Or a sample template for wannabe online matrimonial girls hahaha (pun intended)

    Cheers to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting....!! :)
    Felt I dont want to be cursed with wearing pink for next 12 yrs! :P
    You have a way with words for sure!
    Visiting your blog after a long time. Read some quality stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sir! :) Replying a bit too late... I too am trying to connect to my blog a bit more earnestly.

    ReplyDelete