Saturday, March 26, 2011

Being a Woman


Some thoughts on being a woman collected over the years; quotes have stayed with me from the moment on I've read them.
I don't have attributions to all of them so am not adding credit to any of the quotes. These are all some wonderfully expressed thoughts from women who weren't scared to express & said it the way it was.
I'll start with the one aptly suits me best at the moment:


  1. I think, therefore I'm single. [Cheeky no? :P]
  2. Whether they give or refuse, it delights women just the same to have been asked. [:)]
  3. A woman's whole life is a history of the affections.
  4. Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy fat women. " [Lol!]
  5. I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a door mat or a prostitute. [More true in the Indian society]
  6. If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. [;)]
  7. Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, “She doesn’t have what it takes.” They will say, “Women don’t have what it takes.” [Absolutely!]
  8. The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
  9. Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.

1 comment: