Wednesday, June 15, 2011

9 Things I Don’t like about Travelling Solo

If there are things that I like about travelling... then there are also things that I don't like that great! Being a female traveller, a few of my dislikes are based just on my experiences & what I don't like about those situations.

Here's 9 things I Don’t like about traveling solo. Will start off with the thing I dislike most...

1. You need to carry your own luggage always!! Be it a backpack or a suitcase or even a handbag, there's no one to share the load at any point of time!

2. The cost is definitely more...& that quite pinches when planning a week long trip or longer! Even if I try & go moderate, there are some things I cannot compromise on.. esp being a female traveller.

3. No one to take pics…esp good ones! How I wish at someplaces that I'd manage a good pic taken... but alas..! :(

4. While there are helpful people, some acquaintances whom one meets on the journey, at times try & get too friendly.. even after you are back to your routine world. [friend requests on Orkut/FB??!!!?? How cheap or desperate!!] Shrugging them off is a task!

5. In regards to the above point, one has to keep the alertness quotient at full range.. can't afford to let it drop any bit. Its like looking over your shoulder & managing to have fun too! Quite a balancing act that is!

6. As a female traveller, people get all curious about you. They ask questions.. personal too; which annoys the hell out of me!!

7. You cannot cannot go out at night. Could be restricting, but that's a point I stress on even to the bravest of girls. A new place is not the place one should be choosing to let your hair down, even if its your holiday.

8. When you travel between destinations, you have to give in to be dependent to public transport facilities.. like buses, trains.. Taking a private transport like a taxi is not only expensive, but not advisable too. So at times you end up losing a bit of time over this, which can cause upheaval; throwing your carefully planned scheduled off balance.

& lastly,

9. There are moments when you really wish that you had a companion who'd understand your tastes, your frequency... with whom you'd love to explore all these places. The one with whom you can share the experiences & whom you know will be all there with you when you recollect & re-live a place visited by, in just the way you experienced it...... At such times I don't appreciate the travelling solo bit anymore....

Guess its not possible to have all things at all times...

© Except for image, all rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment