Sunday, June 12, 2011

9 things I Like about Traveling Solo

This year I've travelled quite a bit. Not one was any of the places I had planned at the start of the year... but things that I hadn't even thought of for this year, I got to visit! That's why those trips were all the more fulfilling!! :)
& not that I planned them that way, but all the places I went worked out as solo travels.

Since I have now been travelling solo for a few of my last trips, I'll list 9 good things I like about travelling thus. Why 9? Coz I plain like the number silly! :D

Here's giving my 9 likes :

1. I am my own boss. The best reason of all! I get to decide my destinations, which path I wanna explore, which places I want to skip.


2. Once I start my travel, I decide my own timings. My own timetable. I like a place, I stay back there for a while until I wish.. I don’t have to worry for anyone else & move on.


3. I meet new people…make new acquaintances. & interacting with them, I learn a lot A LOT!


4. It gives me a sense of freedom to go on my own & follow my own responsibility. It also makes me feel independent within myself & interdependent on the people & place I am visiting., hence connected.


5. I don’t have to match my calendar with anyone to decide a trip. I can take off whenever my timetable is fine enough to travel. Nor have I to worry about pleasing anyone about adjustments. I'm all I need to fend for.


6. People come forward & help you. Seeing a single female traveller, quite a few people offer help if needed...especially if there are families who are travelling around too.


7. The confidence! Every new place is different & every new place give you a new experience. A growing sense of confidence - that yes, you can make it on your own.


8. Your memories are yours. No one else can live those unique experiences with you. Walking in the beautiful mist in the enchanting hills of Munnar... or the view of the Golden temple first thing in the morning... or the bus ride to Jammu & feeling a sense of awe looking at all those cantonments which protect our nation...all those are my experiences. Its like my own secret getaway, which people would hear from me.. but only I would know how it felt.


& the bestest of all;


9. The silence & the introspection. In a new place, in a new land, the way my soul connects to me —THAT is the thing that makes me love solo traveling so much!

Have I tempted you enough to try one for your own too? :)


© Except for image, all rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    Good luck with all the travel left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you OM :)
    There's a whole lot of travel left....Wish I keep up this pace I'm on now. :)

    ReplyDelete