Monday, December 30, 2013

The Year Gone By

This year was an impactful year.

Helped me grow as a person in a way I had'nt given a thought.

Though the first half was uneventful.. the seond I'd say was tangy! Tangy coz I did things I'd planned very well.. but there were something missing at times which took the tizz away.....
Just coz it's been an unforgettable year, I wanted to list down all the things I learnt, did which was new to me.

In the first half, to begin with I finally took Ma on her first international trip. Even though it was only Sri-Lanka, It's a start. It was such a bonding experience, that I'll cherish forever.
Then got a chance to the Western ghats with friends for a exciting trek over a weekend. Even though just a weekend, thouroughly enjoyed it.

Was feeling experimental one fine day & went and got my hair straightened. Such a wrong decision!! I already had decently straight hair, this over straightening decision worked bad. Would never recommend it atleast to people with already straight hair!

Entering the second half of the year, another high point was the visit to Pondicherry with half the family for another weekend. Family bonding was in prominence.

In personal wishlist, fulfilled a long time wish - got my first tattoo! Pretty glad about it till now. :)
Then went on a Great trip to the Himalayas. Two Super weeks! Though it wasn't just as what I'd hoped.. it still was GREAT! I'm Totally in love, awe, humbled, mesmerised, spellbound and magnetised with the Himalayas! I'm gonna keep visiting!!

The came Diwali and with it came a long awaited gift. It was the best weekend of the year!
Had a lovely start to my New years and didn't realise when the festive weekend was over already!

December came and I had another thing lined up for the year and today as I write this,  got it done today morning. I got my nose pierced. :D
Though was apprehensive how it would look, I wanted to since long.. so went ahead before the year got over. I think it looks nice! :)

Then on the personal front, broke off with some relations whom I thought I was emotionally dependent on and that had me crippled. One was located on a high pedestal. A conscious decision   which I was already late in taking.

A year of impressionable moments, a year of momentous memory making, a year of certain very important realisations.

2013, you shall be remembered for the lasting impact you made!

3 comments:

  1. He came,
    He smiled,
    He conquered,

    My smile,
    My heart,
    My soul,

    They said,
    He was feelingless,
    He was heartless,
    He was anger personified,
    He knows no love,

    I saw
    A heart full of love
    Which knew not how to express,
    Lovely eyes
    Looking for ways to impress
    A Heartwarming smile
    That The Almighty had blessed

    They said,
    Stay away,
    For you will be hurt
    For you will not hear
    A single word of care

    Why didn’t I pay heed?

    He came,
    He smiled,
    He conquered,

    He disregarded
    He wounded
    He injured

    My heart,
    My soul,
    My self confidence
    My self respect

    I wonder,
    I wonder,
    Where did I go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog... I really want to know how to exactly free myself from bonds weighing me down.... I had written this one day when I was down.... This is whatas happening.... Am still in that relationship...Lets talk....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charu..Beautifully put! you expressed such intensity in such simple words!
    Yep.. I'll catch you up post lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete