Thursday, January 9, 2014

Resolutions 2014!

Its that time of the year I make resolutions. And I've been religiously making them from a while now. Yes, I'm from those few people who believe in making them AND following up with them.
Hence, there would be visible changes every year in them.

This year when I re-evaluated Resolutions 2013 at the end of the year, I learnt I had come a long way this year emotionally and physically too. I never thought I could pull off a solo 14 day trip. And That was something! I pulled myself up on that one a Lot. Definitely a task for me as I don't really move much when I'm back at base. It was carking at times if in case I fell sick anywhere.. Thankfully I passed my own quest.
Emotionally, I finally have started to learn to come to terms with my loss. Still a long way to go....but I started.
After the evaluating and thinking how I want my 2014 to shape, here's the list of the year.

  1. Continuing with the topmost resolution of last year, will continue to strive to let go of pain of loss. 
  2. Something that I implemented consciously last year - start following up on dreams. I did a few small/big things which I was reluctant about earlier but started just going for them and ticking them off my wish list. Feels Good! 
  3. Will start cooking atleast one proper meal a month and gradually in a couple of months, progress to cooking four proper meals a month. :P
  4. Reading. Somehow this was not on as much par as much I had wished for last year. Sure, I read. Lots. But the quality reading that has gone down, has to come up this year.
  5. Start accepting a few things of myself which I had complaints about. I have learnt these traits make me the person I am. So, if I'm known as a no-nonsense person, try as I might I cannot become a sugar coated person. And everytime I try, a LOT of effort goes into it.. and yet I'm unsure if I was good. Not worth it. 
  6. Not be 'perfect weight' obsessed but will concentrate on being fit. My extra-self & me aren't friends... nor do I want to actively befriend her.. but I don't hate her either, like I earlier did.
  7. Spend less. I definitely followed up on last year's resolve not to get addicted to online shopping and its on a leash now. But savings help. :)
  8. Follow my heart - Follow my heart! [Oh Mind, I SO know you don't agree! ]
  9. Start something meaningful which adds value to me as a person.. and finally,
  10. Travel!! Travel and travel! See places, experience life - LIVE!
Wishing everybody has a Blessed year!

No comments:

Post a Comment