Wednesday, April 14, 2010

We Blog & Therefore We Are.

Guess I am the last one to capture the moments of the indiblogger meet Sunday last. Could'nt help! Had two very hectic days..& among bits of notes on the mind & draft here, I finish it now.

Sunday, 11th April 2010. Hotel Manohar, Begumpet.

Got in the hall & checked the time.2:30 sharp. Thank God! Just on time. I hate to be late.
Looked up to see smiling faces in black tees...the Indiblogger team as I noticed. One lead us to the registration counter, which after done, I caught my name on the projector screen as, Biraj "Walked in". Made me think we were live updates..like in live cricket scores! :P
Done with that, turned around to see quite a good turnout. By the time we settled in our seats, it was almost turning out to be a full house.
People..bloggers were still coming...& by around 2:50 or so, the meet kicked off.
It began with an introduction of the indiblogger team & a very interesting video. The lines & presentation of characters in the video was very neat. A hilarious spoof actually!!
Me was getting comfortable.
This was my first Indiblogger meet & though I was looking forward to this one, I didn't know what to expect!
Then was the "30 seconds of fame". As I had expected when I'd read the email, this was the introductory round of all the blogger attendees.
I called it the round of interesting introductions from varied age groups to varied interested bloggers & from varied backgrounds!
Discovered quite a few hardcore Google fans & one pronounced Microsoft Windows fan.
Realised one thing, there is nothing one cannot blog about! From cartoons, to movies, to poems to cookery to techie things to just jokes to about anything!

One particular thing I did notice was there were so many techies.. so many geeks! I mean when that quiz happened in the last part of the meet, I felt like a kid who was lost among the class of high school!!

Apart from the feeling of getting lost in the quiz... I enjoyed drifting into the crowd in the 'Scratch-my-back activity' which was the 'know everyone' activity. We had to move around with a chart on our backs, with bloggers coming in & sharing anything they'd like to. [Mostly it was Url's to their blogpages. :)]
It was the easiest way to approach & meet co-bloggers whom one may have found interesting in the "30 secs of fame" round.
I had a very interesting chart, thanx to some very exceptional comments...... :D

Then after so much mehnat, there had to be chai - naashta for the hungry souls. So, there was more mingling at the High tea. [Why is it called High Tea btw??]

The quiz round after the food round did actually make sure no one got inert &most of us were on the learning side rather than the answering side! :P
Lastly the not so quick photo session round was fun & getting us all together in one frame was sure a task for the photographer! Though he did manage it pretty well! Have to thank him for sharing the pics ...
...& so with that, we were done for the day.

Oh yes, just before we bid adieu, we did not forget to collect the indiblogger T-shirt! Thanx to the sponsors Univercell for that.

Thus ended my first Indiblogger meet.
Made quite a few acquaintances & am looking forward to dropping in their pages.

...& till we meet again hopefully soon at some other blogmeet, Happy Blogging!!


© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

3 comments:

  1. Nice review.. Is it okay if you can change your template background? Those dark backgrounds are eye strains...actually..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Satya,

    Biraj is also and Environmental Activist. Black background saves power!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Abhishek: Thank U for putting out my reason for the black bckground. :)

    @ Satya: Will check if I can find some other agreeable option. :)

    ReplyDelete