Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Best days of our Lives.

Passed my school today during school closure time. Seeing all those girls rushing out from the gates, suddenly washed me in a wave of nostalgia of my own days.

School days. Carefree, exceptional & unequaled.

How does one define them? Which time frame do you put them in?
Except for looking back on them as days of framing infinite memories from kindergarten to high school. From tiny-tots to young teens.

I tried to come up with an apt description to define, but too many thoughts pile my mind... & here I am scribbling away few random memories brimming over my head right now.

Those days...

... Days of innocence, of uncomplications...

... Of sports days & parents days...

... days of unit tests & nightmares of quarterlies!!

... Preparations for debates & fun of dramatics...

...days of activities; from paper crafts to needle arts...

...joy of swings & slides; of hopping & skipping...

...days of running & cycling; of playing chor police & 7 stones...

...Savouring of lollipops to choclatey Mr. Pops! ...of fatafats & colour poppins.

..days of black ribbons & shoe laces... tidy keds & well cut nails!

...Of watching Mowgli to decking up Barbie...

...Getting to know Betty-Archie,
& how can to forget Chacha Chaudhary & Suppandi! :)

& most importantly,

The days of dreams & the days of naively believing in making each one of them come true.

Ohhh.. What wonderful memories those are. A time elapsed, a decade passed... but those will forever be etched in the hearts as 'The best days of our lives.'

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

4 comments:

  1. Damn right! I think its foolish to grow up!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written!! How I terribly miss school too!

    I like your style of writing Biraj! Partly coz its so similar to mine (and so can relate to it) and partly because your writing is varied, touches various topics and is brief and no-nonsense! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Avanti!! U said it! I guess I relate to what u write for the same reason. :)
    Will not add anything else here...wld add comments in yr blog.
    Thank you for the appreciation! :)

    ReplyDelete