Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stunned

I am too stunned to react. This is the piece of news I open my Sunday morning to.
Today's Times of India carried this article & since then I have been too numb & lost for reactions.
Being a female & so empathizing with this, It feels as if someone has attacked me with this psycho law.
Barbaric is a timid word for describing this.
Are the people who make these laws feral or what? What kind of mental make-up do they possess?
I have just not been able to get any kind of grip on the 'how' of this.
Its baffling & its barren of any kind of line of thinking.

After reading this, I am even more eternally grateful to God that I am an Indian.
But I also feel so helpless that we live in such a world where Women still actually live in these horrifying conditions.
That too in this century?
I have no more thoughts right now.., only prayers for the women in such conditions.
& yes, I am again endlessly thankful to God for blessing me to be where I am... & in a secular place like India.

© Paper clip courtesy: Times of India. Except that all rights of opinions reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

2 comments:

  1. i cant believe hw inhuman or insane or ......wat kind of ppl r out there.
    I really wish women wake up n stand up....no mattern wat it takes.
    i also knw tht its easier said than done.. but ths has to end n its better than living such a life.

    ReplyDelete