Thursday, August 20, 2009

Impress

Like spring cleaning is required for clearance of clutter, I need to clear my phone inbox periodically of the messages too. Every now & then when I get the, "No space for new messages" warning; I am forced for this rueful task! Rueful coz I am forced to delete some wonderful messages each time!

So was clearing my phone inbox today & came across a fine message that I've had since a long time.

It goes:

A thoughtful thought: "When someone tries to impress you..it means he or she is already impressed by you...!!"

Hmm...introspective!

Commonly speaking, It does make sense & sounds very true. But becoz I beg to differ a little, I'm enlightening you to my view.

It is very natural & instinctive to want to try to bring yourself in somebody's good notice. It could be someone who's important/ someone you've fancied/ maybe somebody you have some work to get out of or someone whom you are just plain impressed by!

But does it work? Do we get impressed with someone who is trying to impress us? Reflective.

Let me take the quote around. Would I try to impress someone if I'm impressed?

I don't think so. Trying to impress is like Change, on which I had written a while back. It is an ever ongoing process.

In this case, it is ongoing coz its the effort to keep trying something which we aren't even sure of. It may work, it may not. Who's to say? & if its working too, is it right to actuate this? & how long would this carry on? There would be a time when the impressing would get tired. Then what?

Too many questions.

Again a question which leads to my answer: So, where can it be applied to?

For me, there is a clear demarcation of certain things I abide by in life. Things which are to be followed personally only & things to be etched for general reasons only.

This quote applies to the general stuff. It is alright to 'try' & impress somebody whom we are in ordinary terms with...for whatever reason we may deem important.

But in personal life, - an emphatic NO! Personal life cannot be built by trying to impress people or trying to be nice or trying to pretend anything which is not natural to self.

The eminent people of our lives are to be host to see our natural selves. That is what we are loved for, that is what makes us especial to them. It needs no special swaying on your part for getting people to feel the love that you send across. It should get felt, without trying too hard.

& if in case the things you do, sounds like impressing to somebody, then there is certainly something amiss in the relation. Depends on how we manage to hold the fork between the slight wisp of care & impress.

Either ways its too complicated!

& after all the rigmarole I've duly taken you through, lightening strikes now! :P So I'll summarise the whole thing in just a line:

'Be natural, Be yourself. There is no better gift you can give yourself & the others.' - & that is the only way to truly impress!

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

4 comments:

  1. Hehe..yep it is! Everytime I used to read tht sms..I used to go off on this dual line of thinking. So thought if I put it here, I may get sme better insights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confusing :-|

    I think you need to buy a cell phone which has enough memory and it won't prompt you to clear your inbox every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Mihir u stated bottomline for wht shld be done to avoid such posts!! :D
    Seems, I spilled my confusion onto u too! :P
    ..neways, as there aren't much good options in Cdma phones...I hve to make do with this one...! :(

    ReplyDelete