Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Khan take it?

From 3 days there has been a decent newsprint space & mediabyte time dedicated to the detention of 'The' Shahrukh Khan at the Newark airport.

Unfortunately, I'm a little dumb to understand, what's the big hoopla about?

A few days back, when the news that our Ex President, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam had gone through a similar incident of security check in April came to light, I was impressed by the way he had taken the situation in his stride.
Whereas, he being what he is, could have created a lot of ripples for being treated such.

Then I wonder why did Mr. Khan feel offended at this treatment of him. I guess the huge star-ego of his which makes him believe that he should be treated princely wherever he steps foot, may have got him over-offended.

No, I am not supporting the US & their security measures...nor am I condemning it.
I'm stating my opinion that what is been given so much of importance is really not worth it. [Am I also not giving it importance by writing about it here, you ask? Well, Dr. APJ had inspired me to write...Mr. Khan only made me appreciate Dr. APJ more!]

For India & for a certain percentage of population outside India, he may be a big star, for the rest, he is plain Mr. Khan! .. & so they would treat him as they would treat any other with the same name for that matter. & I totally agree with what another Khan, Salman, mentioned about it; "It is because of these stringent security measures that US has had no attacks since 9/11. "
So, in a way, it is legitimate for them to be scared/alert/inconclusive of certain names for their own protection.

Interestingly, some of the reactions that I read on this incident included that, 'We should also treat their stars/dignitaries that way.' How immature is that? I mean, do what you have to, for your security, but please don't blindly follow somebody just because you want to 'teach them a lesson'. For all you know, whom we want to teach a lesson, would not need this learning in the first place.
So, rather than doing something only to bring somebody down, make the concerned thinking heads to come up with ways for better handling of our VIP citizens flying onto foreign [esp. US] lands.

Now coming back to Mr. Shahrukh Khan, All I would hope is that he should take it in well meaning, with a pinch of salt if he pleases & stop behaving like a faddy.

© All rights reserved with Biraj 3Vedi. To re-print, prior permission required from the author.

8 comments:

  1. SRK, Farah Khan etc all these arty farty masala house guys run a family business. It'd be an insult to our existence if we take these people seriously!

    And I had a hearty laugh when
    neither-man-nor-woman (Karan Joker) said "It is ironical that I woke up on Independence Day to this news"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. It's all farce. If he has a problem, then he should stop visiting US.

    Media is nothing but bunch of assholes... I noticed almost 8 headlines in rediff were dedicated to this chapter. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Abhishek: Lol! :D
    Yep, Whatever did Karan Johar's comment mean? I still haven't got wht was so Ironical?!!

    @Mihir: True. Rediff had so many 'breaking news' on tht since the time it happened, tht I was aghast by the craziness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this shahrukh thinks no end of himself...he truly needs to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinks!! Did u write this? OMG!! I'll have to take a print out n frame this comment!! lol...So Shahrukh finally out?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Biraj! You, Mihir and those other few seem to have wasted a lot of time on this "Mr." Khan. And worse, I too! LOL!

    This one's way out of tune with Notes on Your Wall! :) I'll rather not feel I am reading page three!

    Your "Lost!" was really touching. Why did you remove it. I intended posting an equally sentimental comment there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe..at that time the amount of coverage given to that particular incident had gotten me actually spending time writing it.. truly a waste of time!! :P

    "Lost" was removed immediately... Din't know posts can get read once published..
    Would sure look out for your comment when I put back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehehe. A copy of it came into my mail as soon as it was published. :)

    ReplyDelete