Sunday, January 12, 2014

Best 9 Travel Imprints of 2013

Last year I really travelled. I can say it was my best travel year till date. And I collected a whole lot of experiences along the way. There were many moments.. but there were few very impressionable moments, I wanted to jot down. Here's the top 9 Travel moments of last years travels:

  • Leaving Visa documents in the luggage on entering Srilanka. As we got off the flight, I realised I had left the Visa documents in the luggage and we could not collect luggage without clearing immigration. At 2:30 AM, you really are not in the most aware senses. Thankfully, I don't let panic take control of me and I found a way out to deal with this situation. The lesson is going to stay with me.
  • SriLanka again. For some reason I thought our departure was at 11:00 AM and had set my alarm to wake up in accordance. Again for some reason after I woke up, I checked the tickets and to my horrerest horror, my flight was at 9:00 AM! I almost lost balance...not only because it was already 6:30 and I was in the danger zone of missing my flight.. but because I was travelling with Mom and this was our first holiday together. I Definitely did'nt want any these kind of adventures with her. Only I know how we made it to the airport!!
  • When I started for my Himachal tour, I decided I would catch the airport shuttle. I left for the shuttle point only to find out the shuttle stop has been moved from there! There on, the auto I took to the airport and literally making a run for checking in before I was late, was just a preview to what was coming ahead!
  • MF Hussain day. Reached Chandigarh only to realise I forgot my lens. Went shopping for the same and tore my footwear in the way. I had to spend most of the day without footwear...till I could locate a place to buy new ones. I learnt I was pretty Ok after the initial 10-15 minutes. One thing I sure  learnt from it was the more you give importance to something, the more it bothers you. Not once did I get any kind of weird looks for being barefoot. Guess hardly anyone noticed too!
  • The Ambala-Kalka confusion! I was to catch the Shimla train from Kalka and I ended up at Ambala at 5:40 in the morning due to some horrible confusion. How I made it to Kalka is an adventure memory! :D The driver to my cab was heaven-sent! 
  • The walk that I took from Naddi to Mcloedganj on a mistaken bus route from Dharamsala. A 2 kms walk, it was a very quiet one. I was a lone walker for quite a few patches. Time was still and so was my heart. I felt one with nature...one with that fleeting elusive inner calm that dawns on us very rarely... and also felt very minuscule when I realised how tiny we really are in this Huge world.
  • Dalhousie - I was strolling away at my pace enjoying the quite evening Sun again and taking pics of the beautiful sceneries a little outside the main town. [I was walking back to my hotel from the adventure sports place] .. till I was scared by a cab driver to rush to my hotel as there was a chance of meeting a Bear. I literally Ran for my life..almost for 1.5 kms on that Ghat road. My mind has 'Beared' this up forever! 
  • The first time I paid extra luggage for a flight. :( I didn't want to carry any luggage in the cabin.. so packed everything and went for clearing. At Chandigarh airport strangely, they asked me to pay for the extra 5 kgs.. even though I wasn't carrying any in the cabin. And I could'nt carry that particular bag in the cabin as it had stuff like pocket scissors etc..which obviously isin't allowed in the cabin. Paid quite a bit of extra luggage...
  • The last to note memorable memory would be from the weekend trip to Jog falls. The Jeep ride from Kodachadri to Base. The trek itself was very memorable.. but the Jeep ride down was something else. The Jeep driver, how he drove on those (non) roads.. in the rain soaked wet paths in the jungle was a heart in the mouth yet -thrill-to-bits experience!
These were the best imprints of 2013.
2014, I await your travel imprints on me! :)

2 comments:

  1. So these were the travel imprints... now in street experience of your visits to each place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea. Maybe I should try jotting down a couple of them too. :)

    ReplyDelete