Friday, January 17, 2014

Day -3. Top 5 Pet Peeves

When I think of what my pet peeves are, I seem to be flooded with a list of them!

It's difficult to pick just 5 from those. I'm going with the ones that currently top my list.

  1. People littering: I''ve always Hated it when people litter the roads, surroundings..basically anything which they don't have to clean..or which does not come in their orbit. Why such mentality? I've never been able to decipher. That stands on number one.
  2. I know men have this in-designed flaw of staring at women. Dislike it how much ever I may, that does not change anything. Peeve is when men evidently let their gaze loose. How much ever polished or good looking a guy is, if I catch him doing this, I generally stare right back to let him know I know what he's doing!
  3. Most of us are all educated and working at nice jobs, taking care of ourselves, etc. But it beats me when maximum of the 'educated lot' does not don't believe in voting (an example).... nor standing up for what's right or wrong in the society, inspite of knowing it eventually affects/going to affect us. Yes, there are better candle-light marches than before. But how long? Does that Our (paid) work becomes so important over this (non-paid) work that we very conveniently opt to ignore our social duties?
  4. People who don't give space. Yes, I'm from the people who need their space. I majorly get annoyed when people try to get too close too soon, ask umpteen questions and want to know everything about your life or every random stuff AND also want to give their opinions about the same! They don't even sound any bit conscious or mannerly about it too. Even if its an excited outburst from someone while initially knowing me, it kind of puts me off them for the longer run, even if they seem sobered down later. 
  5. This one should have actually topped the list. Offlate, noticed a "God Bless" trend going around! I totally get pissed off when I see "God Bless" after every status update.. comment..talk! & I don't mean the elderly who do this. My Facebook has a couple of people, who follow this ritual & it's a fresh peeve for me I realised! It doesn't take much to find out if its become a ritual or a genuine wishing good. And I don't need to say which is the more common one. Quite a few may not agree with me on this, as wishing well for anyone, even if ritualistic or making self sound 'oh so good'; is no harm, but it IS a peeve for me. 
So that makes the list of the 5 pet peeves. Can you think of your 5?

No comments:

Post a Comment